Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Wicked Traditions of our (Albert's) Fathers

Fine, I will admit that Albert's fathers aren't the only ones with wicked traditions, we have a few too, one of which you will read about below. Now onto Albert's family...
For Easter this year I attempted for the first time the Shaver family Easter tradition of Spudnuts. Lets just say they were UH-mazing (thats right, sound it out people), and like I said, wicked. Last year I was in the hospital having a baby and didn't get to have any.....sadness. I had forgotten how delicious they were until I tested the first one, and died.
Here are some pictures of the process....





(The below picture is posted ONLY to prove that I did in fact make the spudnuts myself, otherwise it would not be here for all of your eyes to behold)







We also enjoyed other wonderful activities on Sunday: Watching Conference at the Daines, Going out to the Daines Cabins (thank you Daines!!!!), having deli sandwiches and other such delicious foods, an Egg Hunt, the famous Davis family *Egg crack (my camera died so I didn't get any pictures of it), and finally Spudnuts for dessert!

*If you were perhaps curious what the egg crack is, the description is as follows: Someone (Cassie) hard boils 12 eggs and decorates (Javier's and Steven) those and an additional 12 eggs that are raw, so that they can not be distinguished one from another.
We then start from oldest to youngest and the person whose turn it is gets to pick someone, the head of which, they would like to crack an egg on. It continues on from there with some people ending up with egg all over them and some (me) who are lucky enough to have gotten a hard boiled egg. It is a fun and messy tradition that we love!

Cameron playing with Harley at the Cabins...




The Grandchildren who were in attendance for the hunt...





Daddy and Harley trying to catch up to the other kiddos...



Finding her first egg...




More eggs....




Here are a couple videos of Harley and Daddy on the Egg hunt....





We had a very spiritual (with conference) and fun (with our family) Easter this year.

Happy Late Easter!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 things....
I really want another doughnut....
and the pic of Harley with Cameron is SOOOOO cute.

love Albey J

Jackie said...

Those definitely do look UH-MAZING! I want some!! Harley is so, SO cute. I love her pink boots. She's got style! Oh, and I loved Albert's song. Maybe that should be a tradition, too. :-)

Babs said...

LOVE her boots! and We shared this Shaver tradition with Tim's family this year, It really is UH-MAZING..

Anonymous said...

Conference AND spudnuts AND Easter egg hunt AND egg-cracking...what could be sweeter...really!!!! Love, mom/gma